Do you ever feel anxious? Stressed? Worried about the future? If so, you’re not alone. Millions of people around the world suffer from anxiety on a daily basis. But did you know that there are things you can do to help calm your nerves and improve your life? One of those things is using affirmations.
In this blog post, we will discuss what affirmations are, how they work, and 20 affirmations specifically designed to calm anxiety and improve your life!
How can affirmations calm anxiety?
Affirmations are positive statements that you can say to yourself in order to challenge negative or harmful thoughts. They help to reframe the way we think about ourselves and the world around us.
Studies have shown that using affirmations can lead to reductions in anxiety, stress, and worry. Additionally, they can improve self-esteem, mood, and overall well-being.
Useful tips for using affirmations:
Try writing out your affirmations on index cards or paper, and carry them with you throughout the day to read when needed.
Say your affirmations out loud, in the present tense, with confidence.
Focus on one affirmation at a time, and really let it sink in before moving on to the next one.
Use affirmations as part of your daily meditation or relaxation practice.
Affirmations to calm Anxiety
Now that we know what affirmations are and how they can help us, let’s take a look at 20 specific affirmations that can calm anxiety and improve your life:
“I am friendly.”
“I am safe.”
“I am loved.”
“Everything is going to be alright”
“I am valuable.”
“I am not alone.”
“I can handle whatever comes my way.”
“I am capable of great things.”
“I am worthy of happiness and love.”
“I am strong.”
“I choose peace over anxiety.”
“I trust myself and my decisions.”
“Today, I choose to focus on the positive.”
“I am in control of my life.”
“I belong here.”
“I am allowed to make mistakes and be imperfect.”
“I am good enough exactly as I am.”
“I love and accept myself unconditionally.”
“I am grateful for what I have in this moment.”
If you’re feeling anxious, stressed, or down, I hope that one (or all!) of these affirmations resonate with you. Just remember, you are not alone in how you’re feeling. But by using affirmations, we can challenge our negative thoughts and reframe the way we see ourselves and the world around us. Give it a try and see how you feel!
For Further Reading:
The following are some posts you might find useful if you struggle with anxiety.
- Relationship Anxiety: What It Is, What Causes It, and How to Overcome It
- How to Overcome Anxiety with Simple Grounding Techniques
- Driving Anxiety: How you can overcome the phobia of driving
- Pet Separation Anxiety: The Human-Animal Bond in Two Studies
- How to Help Your Child Overcome Social Anxiety: What You Need to Know
- 20 Affirmations to Calm Anxiety and Improve Your Life
- Anxiety vs. Depression: How to Tell the Difference and Get Help
- Anxiety and Heart Disease in Men: What you need to know
- Spinner Rings – a natural way to reduce stress and anxiety
- Music To Heal Anxiety – The Best Songs to Listen to When You Are Anxious
- Managing Anxiety and How to Stop It from Ruining Your Life
- How to Manage Anxiety and Stress with a Mindfulness Practice
- What to Say to a Friend with Anxiety Instead of ‘Don’t Stress’
- Inspirational Quotes about Overcoming Anxiety
- Everything You Need to Know About Self-Soothing
- The Danger of Being a Perfectionist: Why You Need to Let Go
- Getting Out of a Rut: Tips for Breaking out of Your Comfort Zone
- Interoception: the hidden sense that shapes wellbeing
- How to Control Anxiety in the Face of War: Tips for Coping
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD): Everything You Need to Know
- Gardening – A Fun and Healthy Way to Lower Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- How to break the rumination cycle
- 11 Steps to Coping with Climate Anxiety: What You Need to Know
- Acupuncture for Anxiety – How does it work and why does it help?
- How to break the rumination cycle
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me. At no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission, which helps me run this blog and keep my in-depth content free of charge for all my readers.