Anxiety is a feeling of unease, worry, or fear that can range from mild to severe. For some people, it can be so debilitating that it interferes with their daily lives. If you are one of these people, you know how difficult it can be to cope with anxiety on your own. Luckily, there are many things that can help, including music, which can calm your mind and reduce your anxiety.
In this blog post, I will discuss the best songs to listen to when you’re feeling stressed and anxious.
The effect of Music on Anxiety
Calming music can help to slow down your heart rate and breathing, and it can also distract you from your anxious thoughts. When choosing a song to listen to, it is important to consider the lyrics and the overall tone of the song. For example, upbeat songs with positive lyrics can help to boost your mood and give you a much-needed dose of optimism. On the other hand, slower songs with calming lyrics can help to soothe your nerves and ease your anxiety.
No matter what type of music you prefer, there is likely a song out there that can help calm your anxiety. If you are feeling stressed, anxious, or just need a break from the chaos of the world, give one of these songs a try.
Songs that calm anxiety
“Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles: This classic song is sure to put a smile on your face and help you feel more positive. The upbeat melody and optimistic lyrics are perfect for when you need a pick-me-up.
“Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin: This song is the perfect reminder to not take life too seriously. The carefree lyrics and cheerful tune will help you to relax and let go of your anxiety.
“What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong: This classic song is a beautiful reminder of the good in the world. The uplifting lyrics and calming music will help you to find peace in the midst of your anxiety.
“Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole: This song is a classic for a reason. The peaceful melody and hopeful lyrics are perfect for when you need a reminder that better days are ahead.
Whether you are struggling with anxiety or just need a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, these songs can help you to find calm and peace. So, next time you are feeling stressed, give one of these tunes a try. You may be surprised at how much they help.
For Further Reading:
The following are some posts you might find useful if you struggle with anxiety.
- Relationship Anxiety: What It Is, What Causes It, and How to Overcome It
- How to Overcome Anxiety with Simple Grounding Techniques
- Driving Anxiety: How you can overcome the phobia of driving
- Pet Separation Anxiety: The Human-Animal Bond in Two Studies
- How to Help Your Child Overcome Social Anxiety: What You Need to Know
- 20 Affirmations to Calm Anxiety and Improve Your Life
- Anxiety vs. Depression: How to Tell the Difference and Get Help
- Anxiety and Heart Disease in Men: What you need to know
- Spinner Rings – a natural way to reduce stress and anxiety
- Music To Heal Anxiety – The Best Songs to Listen to When You Are Anxious
- Managing Anxiety and How to Stop It from Ruining Your Life
- How to Manage Anxiety and Stress with a Mindfulness Practice
- What to Say to a Friend with Anxiety Instead of ‘Don’t Stress’
- Inspirational Quotes about Overcoming Anxiety
- Everything You Need to Know About Self-Soothing
- The Danger of Being a Perfectionist: Why You Need to Let Go
- Getting Out of a Rut: Tips for Breaking out of Your Comfort Zone
- Interoception: the hidden sense that shapes wellbeing
- How to Control Anxiety in the Face of War: Tips for Coping
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD): Everything You Need to Know
- Gardening – A Fun and Healthy Way to Lower Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- How to break the rumination cycle
- 11 Steps to Coping with Climate Anxiety: What You Need to Know
- Acupuncture for Anxiety – How does it work and why does it help?
- Mindfulness Puzzles: How to Reduce Stress and Relax with Adult Puzzles
- 11 Ways to Stop Comfort Eating and Cope Better with Stress
- How to help Employees Deal with Anxiety in the Workplace
- Suffering From Anxiety Attacks? Symptoms and 10 Ways to Calm Down
- Separation Anxiety in Adults – How to Overcome Separation Anxiety as an Adult
- The Answer to the Question “Is There Such a Thing as Good Anxiety?”
- A Comprehensive Guide to Different Types of Anxiety Disorders
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me. At no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission, which helps me run this blog and keep my in-depth content free of charge for all my readers.