Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who made you feel like you were the most important person in the world? They shower you with compliments, and make you feel like you are the only one for them. This is known as love bombing.
Narcissists use this technique to keep their partners hooked and under their control. In this blog post, we will discuss what love bombing is, and how to identify if you are being love bombed by a narcissist. We will also provide tips on how to deal with this type of abuse.
What is love bombing?
Love bombing is a technique used by narcissists to keep their partners hooked and under their control. It involves showering the partner with compliments, gifts, and excessive attention. The narcissist’s goal is to make their partner feel special and desired, in order to gain their trust and dependency.
How to identify it
There are several signs that can indicate if you are being love bombed by a narcissist. The most obvious sign is an excessive amount of compliments and attention. If your partner is constantly telling you how amazing, smart, and beautiful you are, then they may be using love bombing tactics.
Another sign is if your partner is always trying to make all of your decisions for you. This can be a sign that they are trying to control you and gain power over you. If your partner seems to be too good to be true, then there may be something fishy going on. Be suspicious if they are showering you with gifts, compliments, and excessive attention.
How to deal with it
If you are experiencing love bombing from a narcissist, it is important to take action. Don’t let the narcissist manipulate you. Here are some tips for dealing with specific form of narcissistic abuse:
- Don’t fall for the charm offensive. Remember that the narcissist is maliciously trying to manipulate your trust.
- Get some distance from the abuser. This will help you to see the situation more objectively.
- Talk to someone about what you are going through. It can be helpful to talk to someone who understands narcissistic abuse.
- Document everything that is happening in the relationship. This can help you to have evidence if you decide to leave the relationship.
- Seek professional help. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the situation, talking to a therapist can be very helpful.
You are not alone. If you are experiencing love bombing from a narcissist, there is help available. Talk to someone who understands narcissistic abuse, and get the support that you need.
For Further Reading:
The following are the most potent abusive tactics in the narcissist’s toolbox –
- Abuse by Proxy – How to Identify and Deal with this form of Psychological Abuse
- How to Detect and Escape Ambient Abuse: A Survivor’s Guide
- Divide and Conquer – a strategic way of isolating victims
- The Fauxpology – a devious weapon of the Narcissist
- Future Faking – Narcissists make hollow promises about the future
- Narcissistic Grooming – How Narcissists Brainwash and Condition their Victims
- Love Bombing – The Narcissist’s Trick to Keep You Hooked
- What is Narcissist Discard and what are the signs?
- Narcissist Hoovering – How to Deal With It
- Narcissist Triangulation – What it is, why Narcissists do it, and how to deal with it
- What you need to know about Narcissistic Rage
- Narcissistic Smear Campaign – how to spot it and what to do about it
- Narcissistic Word Salad – one of the tools in the narcissist’s toolbox
- 7 Types of Narcissistic Abuse with Practical Examples
- Narcissistic Abuse – How Narcissists Manipulate and Hurt their Victims
- 13 Warning Signs of Narcissistic Abuse: How to Deal with It and Get Help
- Narcissistic Abuse Examples – How to Recognize the Toxic Signs of Narcissism
- The Narcissistic Abuse Cycle: How to Recognize It and Break Free
- Narcissist Manipulation Tactics: How to Safeguard Yourself from Emotional Abuse
- Jokes or Abuse? When Jokes Cross the Line
- Narcissistic Abuse – The Signs and Why it’s so Damaging
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me. At no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission, which helps me run this blog and keep my in-depth content free of charge for all my readers.